Keeping a spotless vacation rental is important to impress your guests. As a vacation rental host, you want to be sure you are properly cleaning and presenting your home in the best possible light. Here are some helpful fast and efficient cleaning tips for your vacation rental.
1. Make a checklist
Whether you are doing the cleaning or hired a cleaner to clean your vacation rental, making a checklist ahead of time is very beneficial. With your busy schedule, it is easy to forget to take care of some important tasks for cleaning. Making a set checklist for your cleanings will solve this issue. If you have hired a vacation rental cleaner then a checklist is very important so that the cleaner knows exactly what you would like done for your property. Here is a sample checklist for cleaning per room:
- Wash and put away dishes
- Wipe down and organize cabinets
- Wash floor
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerator and microwave oven
- Clean appliance interiors and exteriors: This includes coffee maker and toaster
- Dust tops of drawers and dressers: We recommend you do this step before you vacuum, this way you can vacuum any dust.
- Change sheets and pillowcases
- Vacuum floor: If there are any stains in the carpet, be sure to clean them immediately. Keep stain remover handy between guest visits to avoid long-term stains on your carpet!
- Vacuum drapes: Using an attachment to vacuum drapes keep them from getting dusty.
- Clean smudges from windows: This is important so that guests can enjoy the views that your property offers, opposed to seeing fingerprints!
- Scrub bathtub and faucet
- Wipe down mirrors: Using a microfiber cloth with a cleaning product is a great method for cleaning smudges off of mirrors.
- Scrub toilets
- Remove hard water stains: Vinegar is a great way to remove those pesky water stains. Simply put a small amount of vinegar on a wet wash cloth, and wrap it around the water stained area.
- Empty and wash trash can
- Dust tabletops
- Dust electronics
- Organize media cabinet
- Steam clean sofa/chairs: It is great to have your sofa steam cleaned semi regularly to ensure it is left clean as new!
- Dust mantels and shelves
2. Set time limit per room
Setting a time limit for cleaning each room of your house is a good way to ensure a fast cleaning process. You can base the time spent on each room based on what you have on your cleaning checklist for each room.
3. First, start high!
A smart place to start is with tall pieces of furniture. This way when you dust tall furniture, the dust does not dirty your previously cleaned floor.
When it comes to dusting tops of drawers and dressers: We recommend you do this step before you vacuum, this way you can vacuum any dust. The cleaning tasks you wish to be completed in your home can be compiled on a checklist for your cleaner on TurnoverBnB. Vacuuming does not take long but it is an important task to complete after each guest.
5. Carry your cleaning caddy
While you are cleaning each room, carry around your cleaning caddy! This is a simple way to save time having to stop cleaning to retrieve different cleaning products. Having all of the products you need with you at once will save you this time and prove to be a good way to make for a fast and efficient Airbnb cleaning.
6. Ice cubes to remove wrinkles
A quick fix for wrinkled sheets is ice cubes and some heat. By putting sheets in the microwave with ice cubes for about 5 minutes, you will have perfectly steamed linens.
7. Tell Airbnb cleaners to follow checklist
If you yourself are not completing the cleaning and you hire an Airbnb cleaner, make sure the cleaner knows to follow your checklist or of any time constraints. Find your perfect Airbnb cleaner on the TurnoverBnB marketplace!